A Google Ad Campaign allows your organization to increase its online visibility through targeted keyword advertising. Your website will be highly visible in search engines for keywords related to your services and online goals. Getting your advertising in front of your target market online will drive traffic to your website.
Google Ad Grants allows your organization to take advantage of Google’s search advertising network without disbursing tens of thousands of dollars in ad costs. RankMonsters can help your organization manage your Ad Grant, ensuring your organization stays within Google’s guidelines and maximizes its daily and monthly budget.
How Does the Grant Work?
Google Ad Grants gives 501(c)(3) organizations access to $10,000 per month, or approximately $329 per day, in in-kind advertising credit to use on the Google Ad Platform. The grant is part of Google for Nonprofits, a set of offerings open to qualifying nonprofit organizations.
There are a few additional specifics to how the Grant program works:
- You can only advertise using text ads on the Search Network.
- Your account and website must have conversion tracking set up, and must use the automated “Maximize Conversions” bid system when applying for the Ad Grant.
- Your campaigns must use keyword-based targeting.
- You must manage your account according to Google’s Ad Grant Account Management Policy.
To be eligible for the Google for Nonprofits program, your organization must:
- Currently hold 501(c)(3) status.
- Be registered with TechSoup.
- Acknowledge and agree to the application’s required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
Please note that the following organizations are not eligible:
- Governmental entities and organizations.
- Hospitals and health care organizations.
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (however, philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible).
For more information about organization eligibility and guidelines, you can visit the Google for Nonprofits Eligibility page.
How Do I Get Started?
To get started with Google for Nonprofits, you can do one of the following:
Visit the Google for Nonprofits enrollment page and follow the instructions provided. You will need to follow Google’s qualification and eligibility guidelines and ensure your account is set up correctly before you activate any products through Google.
Alternatively, you can complete this form on our website to get started. We will need the following information for your Google for Nonprofit Membership Application:
- EIN Number.
- TechSoup validation token – If you do not have a TechSoup account or are not sure, we will walk you through creating one or gaining access to it.
- Information about your organization and your goals for Internet Marketing (for instance, who your organization is trying to target or reach and why).
- Your website login information in order to set up conversion tracking.
- Access to your Google Analytics account to set up goals that align with the conversions on your website, as well as to link the Google Adwords Ad Grant account. We will walk you through adding us to your account. If you do not have one, we will set one up for your organization.
- Access to your Google Business Account if you are a local nonprofit that would like your ads to show your location extensions.
RankMonsters is a full-service Internet Marketing Company that specializes in administering Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits. We are passionate about working with charitable organizations and helping them succeed online.
The RankMonsters team has years of experience applying for and managing nonprofit-focused marketing campaigns. We can help you avoid getting denied or rejected and we can appeal suspensions or rejections from the past. We have studied the requirements and guidelines for the programs carefully and can ensure your accounts are set up the right way.
We are also proud to be a member of the Google Ad Grants Certified Professional Community. As one of the 41 certified agencies worldwide, you can be sure our work is high-quality and recognized by Google.
Maximize Your Exposure
The Google Ad Grant allows your ads to show up at the top of search results for your main keywords. With this program you can increase your online exposure and appear in front of your target audience any time they are searching for your services.
Advertise Services & Products
The Google Ad Grant lets you advertise your nonprofit’s services and products to searchers online. Using the Ad Grant, you can reach a much wider audience of motivated searchers with advertisements targeted to the keywords they are looking for.
Connect with Donors
The Google Ad Grant allows you to reach out to potential donors and volunteers online. With this program you can target ads specifically to donors looking for nonprofits to assist or to volunteers looking for an organization to work alongside.
Google Ads makes it easy to advertise events and special occasions without expending extra funds. The Ad Grant even allows you to target your ads to people seeking events or activities in your location to help increase attendance and reach more people.
Increase Brand Awareness
Using the Google Ad Grant, your ads can appear in searches broadly related to your services. This can allow you to increase awareness of your organization and brand among the general public, or to build interest in one part of your organization’s offerings.
Receive Valuable Data
When you use Google Ads, you receive valuable data about the people searching for your keywords and clicking on your advertisements. This data makes it easier to target future ads, and it also provides valuable insight into your online audience.
There has never been a more crucial time for a nonprofit to maximize its online presence in the savviest, most cost effective way possible. Share your nonprofit with the world and impact your mission by utilizing Google Ad Grants.
RankMonsters will help your nonprofit apply for and obtain Google Ad Grants. We are a proud member of the Google Ad Grants Certified Professional Community, and we have extensive experience in maximizing the opportunities provided by this program.